Hawaiian Hansen's!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Summer Adventures Begin

Well this summer will definitely be one to remember. We began by seeing how much we really loved each other. We drove from Fresno, California to Springfield, Illinois! I know  you're thinking "gee I wish I could've driven with you guys across the country," but I'm sorry to say our car was too full to even fit one more backpack. It wasn't too bad of a drive. I will say that I've mastered the ability to sleep when not driving, and Lyndon is still working on that. It is amazing to see the different scenery just driving through the different states. Although, seeing the country when you are a few thousand feet in the air isn't too bad either, but Lyndon didn't like that idea to much. Overall, we are grateful for a working car, not Hawaii gas prices, pandora radio, safe arrival, and our love for each other has just "grown soo much".  hahaha right! I'm just glad we can keep conversations going for long enough to keep each other awake!
Las Vegas, St. George, and Denver
Good bye mountains! 
Yummy buffalo chicken pizza in Kansas City
Acura and the bugs that got too close

Connor turned the sweet "16" and can now officially drive! That is soo weird to me! He's too little, well he is bigger than me now, but I can still beat him up!

The first week we were out here the pool was still closed. Apparently its only summer time in Hawaii and St. George, but not in Illinois. Lyndon was trained and he began working that weekend. It was a little different just chilling by myself from about 2 until midnight every night. But I've been able to workout at the gym, read books that aren't text books, and relax and enjoy some TV! We went and saw the Avenger's and loved it!! It was so funny and I can totally see my family being every character in that movie! Awesome film! We went to church on Sunday and then wanted to tour around Springfield for a little bit. We found the Lincoln Memorial Garden (which is on a lake) and we walked around there for a bit. We met some snake friends (its mating season around these parts) and a cute family of geese!


Later in the week we decided to make a list of all the things we want to try and see in Springfield. Its not that big of a city, its smaller than St. George, but the highlights of being here are all the Abraham Lincoln sites. We took advantage of one of the free mornings and went to the Lincoln Home. The state owns about a whole block which they have restored to what the streets and houses looked like when Lincoln was living there. Most of the furniture is original, and the wallpaper and carpets have been redone to look like the original. And I am grateful for modern kitchen appliances, I don't know how those ladies cooked back then. I don't even like cooking and we have an oven and microwave!

These first few weeks haven't been bad at all. Lyndon is doing well at work and is learning all the tricks and getting the hang of it. We moved into a smokey apartment building, and a lot of time has been put into getting rid of the smell. Any suggestions on how to keep an apartment smelling fresh will be much appreciated! Its actually been nice being out here. We were able to bring some of our wedding gifts and actually have used them! We bought a new bedding set and we love it! Hawaii was nice, but its even better having air conditioning now! Life has definitely begun to change, but we are loving it so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment