Hawaiian Hansen's!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Leap Year!

Since February 29th doesn't come around too often, I figured it would be kinda fun to blog today! The last half of this month has been full of excitement! Ok. . . excitement means lots of softball practicing, HOURS in the library (even on holidays!!!), taking tests, creating presentations, working on research projects, and trying to find time to sleep each night! I thought your last semester was supposed to be fun and a piece of cake! No one informed me that I would have to do 22 lab reports for one class and multiple writing assignments every week for others! What is this?! Oh yes. . . I chose this, it's furthering my education!

Part of my original research project includes examining my air layerings on the Ohia Lehua
Amongst all of the crazy school work we were able to go to the Piano Guys concert on the 17th and it was awesome! They put on a great show and were very entertaining the whole time! If you haven't heard any of their music I suggest you go to youtube and watch some of their videos!

Before the concert
After the concert
Don't worry I wasn't being impolite and having bad concert etiquette. . . they told us to take a picture of them and post in on facebook, I was simply doing what they asked!

We have had a few good rain storms this month (what? a rainy season too?) Yes, Hawaii isn't always sunny and beach weather everyday . . . but rain beats the snow any day! Last Saturday our field was actually flooded, so our games were cancelled. So we had some of the girls from the team over for dinner and a game night! Mom, you will be please to know we played a word game (although all my years of practice didn't help me that night) it was still lots of fun!

These pictures don't do the rain justice, but just so you have an idea I guess. . .

Lyndon recently decided that we needed to have a theme song for every day. So each morning a song is picked and it is played numerous times throughout the day. Yesterday was a song by the Black Eyed Peas and today was "Happily Ever After" by He Is We. We are in need of some new music (the radio is not really an option unless you like Hawaiian music all day every day), so if there are some good songs out there, send them are way!! Hey maybe they'll even get to be one of our theme songs!

After living in this apartment and looking at a big white wall for two months I decided that I was going to attempt being crafty on a budget. This is our newest decoration . . .

Well February was a pretty successful month, and it wasn't too bad having an extra day either! But come on April 14 come faster!

1 comment:

  1. Woah, I totally have bike ridding hair in that picture! Don't forget the theme song "Stronger" by Kelly Clarkson, that was the one that kicked off the theme songs.

    By the way, I got to go sailing yesterday! Helped rig some sails, saw a whole bunch of whales, and snacked on some tasty chicken wings from breakers. Did I mention it was a free sail?


    -Lyndon

    ReplyDelete