Hawaiian Hansen's!

Thursday, July 12, 2012

July Already?!

Trips are so fun, until real life sets in again . . . when we got back from Italy we had so much laundry, Lyndon starting working many late nights, and I had lots of fun studying for the GRE... right! But I took it and its over. I am never really good at the national four hour long exams, but whatever life goes on. The second that was over Lyndon and I headed up to Peoria. It's a small town about an hour north of Springfield. We learned that most everyone in this city works for the tractor company Caterpillar!  The hotel we were in is right by the mall - so naturally I had to check that out. With an outdoor pool, I soon found my favorite chair, and then with the guys gone so late I turned the small gym into my on cinema cardio room and would run to whatever ABC family was showing! Like another mini-vacation with free breakfast! Awesome!!

July 4th was fun! The whole office ended early and we all went to Knight's Action Park! There were firework shows all around and the one at our park was pretty impressive! We rode the ferris wheel, had some crazy go-cart times, ate pizza, and played mini golf! 
We went to the Horse Show Championships held here in Springfield - for Arabian horses! They were beautiful and we loved the "Full Costume Competition" the most! 

Then back up to Peoria we went! This time we decided we were going to begin celebrating our Anniversary - just a few weeks early because I was going to be leaving for a month. We started our morning date by walking down by the pier and seeing down town!
We eventually made it to Bass Pro Shop and ate at the restaurant inside! This place was nuts! It was like an underwater shipwreck and a entire bowling alley was inside! We both ate some alligator meat and thought it was delicious! 
 One of the customers that Lyndon installed for had a chair signed by Michael Jordan!! Yeah he sat in it - and we still haven't washed the shorts - jk jk!
Then we headed up to Chicago for the day! First stop was the aquarium! It was so fun! I love seeing all the animals and want to be a trainer when I go to all the shows! 
We then went on a drive around and stopped at the Cubs stadium
 And found this pizza place!!! Delicious deep dish pizza!
Back in Springfield I went to the zoo with the other wives here! It seriously was the saddest thing I've ever seen! There was really only birds and turtles! The cages were so small and they all looked depressed!
Doug (who is Lyndon's manager), his girlfriend came out for a  few days and we hung out with them at the pool and went and hit golf balls!  I blame my softball background that I can't hit a ball that is NOT moving very far as opposed to a ball moving at me at 60mph! Nonetheless, it was super fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment