Hawaiian Hansen's!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lake Powell Adventures!


Before we left for Lake Powell I received a surprise letter in the mail from my cute husband! It was for our anniversary! He’s just the best and I totally didn’t expect it! It’s already been one year! Wow, many of you were with us celebrating!! He’s just the best and we are still very much in love!
 Lake Powell is always a blast! The Cheever’s – Steve, Jody, and Mandy – and the McKee’s – Kim, Billy, and Hudson- came for the whole week! Dylan, Cody, and Wyatt all brought friends. We took Hakuna Matata down almost all the way to Dangling Rope! It was a fun spot and we had great water for our morning sessions!
Dylan has now landed a back roll, tantrum, and is working on the scarecrow. I attempted a backflip and did a nice head dive! We’re all working on 360’s on the surfboard. And one evening we even had a double wave going for surfers! Dad and Uncle Steve are professional drivers now!  Mandy and I found the huge tour boat and were able to follow it on the jet ski's! We also went to Rainbow Bridge! 

We played the famous "Name Game" a couple nights, but mostly we just ate lots of delicious food from everyone, and watched the Olympics every night! Swimming, water polo, volleyball, and gymnastics were highlights with us this week! By the end of the week we all had plenty of battle wounds and hurt shoulders and necks, but it is always worth it! Family fun right?

Lyndon was also very busy in Illinois . . . cough couch . . . they spent many nights soaking their feet, eating Oreo’s, baseball game in the house, watching the Olympics, and building “The Arch” out of the office chairs! I missed him and his randomness I’ll admit, but Lake Powell was much more fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment